1. "Employee" means a person employed on salary and includes :
a) a Government servant receiving pay from the revenue of the Central Government or any State Government;
b) a person in the service of a body whether incorporated or not, which is owned or controlled by the Central Government or any State Government, where, such body operates within the municipal limit even though its headquarters may be outside the municipal limit; and
c) a person engaged in any employment by an employer not covered by sub-clauses (i) and (ii);
2. "employer" in relation to an employee earning any salary on a regular basis under his means, the person or the officer who is responsible for disbursement of such salary and includes the head of the office or any establishment as well as the Manager or Agent of the employer;
3. "half-year" shall be from the 1st day of April to the 30th day of September and from the 1st day of October to the 31st day of March of a year;
4. "month" means a calendar month;
5. "person" means any person who is engaged actively or otherwise in any profession, trade, calling or employment in the State of Tamil Nadu and includes a Hindu undivided family, firm, company, corporation or other corporate body, any society, club, body of persons or association, so engaged, but does not include any person employed on a casual basis;
6. "Tax" means the tax on profession, trade, calling and employment levied under this Chapter.
News & Events
What They are Saying
We are very comfortable with the working relationship and ease with which they are able to communicate with us and their availability when we need them.